We concluded our trip in Mumbai, staying at the 5* Mumbai Garden City hotel, a Westin hotel, part of the Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide. This hotel is suitable for both business and leisure travellers.
The hotel opened in January 2010. The ground floor welcomes guests to a double volume, spacious and modern reception area, ballroom and Prego, authentic Italian restaurant and deli, suitable for quick lunches or a longer, more relaxed dinner.
The Westin Grand Ballroom seats 200 pax banquet style, with a private pre-function area leading out to an outside area also used for functions, seating 300 pax banquet style, this outside area is weather permitting.
1st floor offers a fully equipped business centre as well as a variety of meeting rooms for smaller groups (10–30 pax) and boardrooms (8-14 pax). 1st floor also incorporates the Westin Executive Club.
4th floor: pool with Splash bar & restaurant offering light meals, kids zone, Westin Workout (gym) and Heavenly Spa.
Floors 5-17 are offices
18th floor: Seasonal Tastes all day dining restaurant with spectacular views towards the South. Seasonal tastes serves a expansive western and eastern buffet breakfast, a la carte lunch & dinner options as well as a dinner buffet incorporating International, Indian and Asian options. The set-up is open plan kitchen areas, were some of the food is pre-prepared but you can also order ‘prepare while you watch’ type options.
Furthermore the 18th floor include: Eighteen, the Lounge and Bar, the ideal space to unwind at the end of the day as well as Kangan, a chic specialty Indian restaurant, with spectacular views towards the North.
- Floors 19-32: 269 rooms with the following breakdown:
- 160 Deluxe rooms (42-48m²)
- 85 Executive Club rooms (42-48m²)
- 22 Executive suites (103m²)
- 1 Chairman’ suite (148m²
- 1 Presidential suite (230m²) with lounge, TV room, study, bar, kitchen, guest toilet, 2 en-suite bedrooms with the option of a 3rd inter leading bedroom. This suite is situated on the top floor
In room facilities include:
- Floor to ceiling windows providing natural light and views
- Heavenly bed and bath (signature Westin products) and new range of spa bath amenities
- High speed internet access
- Work desk
- 46 inch LCD screen television and DVD player (selection of complimentary DVD’s available from reception)
- Coffee / tea making facility, mini bar and snacks (only complimentary for Executive Club members)
- In-room safe (suitable for laptops)
- Iron & ironing board
The hotel also offers a small garden as well as a helicopter pad on the roof. (best way to escape the notorious Mumbai traffic)
The hotel is part of the bigger Oberoi Garden City in Goregaon (east), a development incorporating an international business park, green belt, and residential development. It is conveniently located next to the lovely Oberoi Mall offering great shopping with a variety of traditional and modern Indian clothing shops as well as the international brands such as Levi, Adidas, Reebok, etc.
The hotel is approximately 10km’s from the international airport and 12km’s from the domestic airport. It is also in close proximity to the emerging business districts of Malad, Andheni and Powai as well as the Bombay Exhibition Centre. The hotel offers easy access to the Western Express Highway to the South (Bandra, Worli, and South Mumbai) and the North (Navi Mumbai and Thane)
Although there are some small issues that needed attention, I had a very positive experience at the Westin, Mumbai Garden City and can recommend this hotel to any traveler visiting Mumbai.