The latest in ultra chic accommodation is The Turbine Boutique Hotel & Spa in Knysna, situated on Thesen Island. The original wood fired power station, now turned into a unique boutique hotel, has been beautifully restored and with the old power station still an integral part of what The Turbine has to offer.
The Turbine has opened its doors in August 2010 and has become a firm favorite with locals in Knysna and surrounding areas as well as South Africans from further afield and international visitors. Facilities include:
- 17 suites
- 2 state of the art conference rooms, can be combined (24-60 pax)
- 2 restaurants and 3 bar areas
- Amani spa
- Surrounded by a variety of other dining options and shops
- Rates from R950 – R 1595 per person sharing (range from low season to high season)
- The Turbine Trixie, a pontoon barge available for luxury lagoon cruises (12 pax)
The Turbine understands how to provide an outstanding experience to both corporate groups as well as leisure travelers and is a very welcome addition to this area.
The general manager is Allan Heard, 044 302 5746, www.turbinehotel.co.za email@example.com. Marketing and sales are done through An African Anthology, fine hospitality management, 0861 010 200, +27 (0) 11 781 1661, www.anthology.co.za http://africananthology.co.za/blog