I have been involved with events management since the late 1980’s whilst I was still working for a corporate company. Since 2003 I have been on the other side as a independent conference & event organiser. I continuously conduct site inspections to new and existing venues, attend industry workshops as well as national and international travel & tourism trade fairs in order to stay up to date with the standard of the venues & trends within the industry at all times. I am based in Pretoria and provide event management and event planning services on a national and international basis.
Once an inquiry is made, my services are contracted on management fee basis. Where applicable some services can be rendered to the client at no additional cost since a commission is negotiated with the service provider.
My services include:
- Venue reservations and events management where client has already decided on the venue
- Alternatively sourcing suitable venues for client’s needs
- Arranging site inspections with the client to the different venues
- Facilitating & monitoring the event planning process from making the provisional reservation, confirming the reservation, signing of contract by client, payment of monies due before deadline dates, etc.
- Negotiating reduced rates with the venue where possible
- Assisting with the details of the reservation were necessary (menus, programs, etc.)
- Assistance with sourcing and booking suitable service providers for: entertainment, speakers, team building, transport, audio visual, catering, gifts, etc.
- Sub-contracting experts for on-line registration, exhibitions, media services, event greening management, etc.
- On-site co-ordination whilst event is taking place
By providing event management services, the corporate contact person for the event has time available to spend on internal details. Liaison is done on a hands-on basis with the client being updated continuously on any event planning progress or changes on the reservation. All reservations are conducted on a professional basis, totally transparent and according to ethical and sound business principles. I provide a high level of event managementservices and build long term relationships with my clients.
Please note that I network with other Event Managers / colleagues in the industry to assist with bigger and more complex events and have administrative support attending to my e-mails and calls should I not have access when traveling internationally.