Food markets has become very popular during the last few years, providing great produce and variety on a high standard. Attending markets on a Saturday morning has become a favourite past time for many and is an easy way to stock up on goodies for the week.
Neigbourgoods Market, ‘lettuce turnip the beet’
- Since September 2011
- Every Saturday from 0900-15:00 at 73 Juta street, Braamfontein
- A welcome addition to the already much improved Braamfontein area, located in a parking garage, on different levels and with an upstairs open area
- Ample parking on the street surrounding the market
- A very yuppie atmosphere and undoubtedly one of the ‘in’ places to be and be seen
- Delectable food from all over the globe
Hazel Food Market
- Situated at Greenlyn Village Centre, Makenzie Street, 083 554 5656, Menlo Park, Pretoria, www.hazelfoodmarket.co.za
- Every Saturday from 08:00-14:00, special evening markets from time to time
- Kids play area and dog friendly
- Highlights include wonderful fresh fruit smoothies, lamb in pita, individual quiche with interesting taste combinations, delicious Swiss potato rosti with salmon, sour cream and dill, Moroccan tagines, homemade pestos, variety of cheese, etc.