Herewith recommendations on restaurants in South Africa based on recent personal experience. Also refer to previous posts (Carla’s choice) for more recommendations on restaurants nationwide.
La Fiamma Italian Grill
- 63 Compensation Beach Road, Ballito, 032 946 1029, email@example.com
- Family owned & managed restaurant, great ambiance, adjacent to CoCo de Mer Boutique Hotel
- Although they do prepare delectable pizzas their speciality is actually meat and seafood that is grilled or wood roasted in the wood burning pizza oven
- On arrival you are treated to fresh bread and a pomodoro dipping sauce that is utterly delicious and immediately sets the tone for the your meal
- The owner, Fabien, source high quality produce from local and other suppliers
- Can recommend the Insalata Caprese con avacado and the Sogliole Al Limo (Sole with lemon) with a side order of lentils
- Create your own vegetable platter
- Extensive wine selection
- Great service, the truth is that it is better than most experiences I have had lately in Gauteng
- Can also do group bookings, discuss details with Fabien
- Can not wait to visit them again, only problem is that I am based in Gauteng!