Your passport in 2016
In 2016, a German passport will give you access to the most countries without a visa.
This is according to an annual survey done by the London based consulting firm, Henley & Partners.
- Germans have visa free access to 177 countries from a total of 218
- Swedes, 176
- In shared 3rd place with 175: Finland, France, Italy, Spain and UK
- 4th, with 174: US, Denmark, Belgium and the Netherlands
- South Africans have access to 97 countries without a visa
On the other side of the scale citizens needing the most visas to travel, thus having visa free access only to a limited number of countries
- North Korea, visa free access to 42 countries
- Syria, 32 countries
- Iraq, 30 countries
- Afghanistan, only 25 countries
Note that only passports from 199 countries have been evaluated in this survey.
Travel the world in 2016…..and enjoy!