Tapas has become very popular over the past few years and there are many fabulous options for tapas in South Africa.
My absolute favourite is Siesta Tapas Bar and Bistro (78 Scott Street, Schoemansville, 012 253 1038) at the Hartbeespoort Dam. Every dish is a taste sensation. Some options include:
- Orange & Avo salad
- Patatas Bravas
- Empanadillas and Empanadas
- Mixed mushrooms – fantastic!
- Very difficult to choose between Siesta Roche Fondant and Mississippi Mud Pie!
Another option for tapas in Pretoria East is Casa Bourguesa Tapas & Grill, Faeriedale Centre, Cliffendale drive, Faerie Glen, 012 991 0781
- A combination of Portuguese, Greek and traditional South African food
- Potato soup or potato skins
- Peri-peri chicken livers
- Spanakopita or chicken bourekia
- More traditional, thy the watrblommetjiebredie or afval (tripe)
For more tapas options throughout South Africa, see list compiled by eat out, click here