Category : Travel South Africa
I am once again in awe with the fabulous properties available in South Africa. I recently embarked on a short road trip in the Welling area in the Western Cape and found a few gems, one being Bartholomeus Klip Farmhouse.
Bartholomeus Klip Farmhouse is a 20-minute drive North of Wellington consisting of a stunning Victorian farmhouse set beneath the Elandskloof mountain range, farmland and a 4 000 plus hectare (± 8.5 km²) nature reserve.
The farmhouse offers 4 double rooms and a separate suite outside. Next door is the Wild Olive House, offering another 3 bedrooms. The Wild Olive house can also be booked on a self catering basis. The Deckhouse can accommodate 50 guests for small weddings or functions. For corporate groups the Deckhouse offers a fully equipped conference room, breakaway room and braai area.
Bartholomeus Klip is a perfect destination for business or pleasure and offers a variety of experiences and activities to ensure that you will NOT want to leave:
- An extremely beautiful and tranquil environment to contemplate life
- A sparkling farm dam styled pool with loungers in a beautiful garden, extremely conducive to a relaxing time
- Exceptional food set in the conservatory, garden, wide veranda or at the deckhouse overlooking the dam. Do not forget their decadent high tea available every afternoon
- The reserve with eland, springbok, bontebok, black wildebeest, zebra, ostrich, baboon, caracal and fox. From July many of the approximate 850 species of plants are in bloom with displays in August and September that takes your breath away. Guests to book a game drive.
- Learn about the buffalo and quagga breeding projects
- Use one of the complimentary mountain bikes or run / walk and explore more of the farm, reserve and natural surroundings
- Canoe or windsurf
- Enjoy the daily flow of a working sheep and wheat farm
A visit to Bartholomeus Klip will provide a gift of nature all year round. crops are sown in autumn (± April). The rain starts in May and as winter progress the land turns a bright green wheat fields dotted with yellow canola (± August), changing again to gold for harvesting in summer (±October / November).
A visit to Bartholomeus Klip has been an absolute pleasure and a highlight for 2014.
Contact me for more information or to make a booking.