Let’s talk….The Blue Train
Luxury train travel in South Africa….The Blue Train has been serving tourists since 1946. However, the current product had its inception in 1997.
At present The Blue Train has a Monday morning departure from Pretoria Station arriving in Cape Town on Tuesday afternoon and a return journey departing Cape Town on Wednesday morning, arriving in Pretoria on Thursday afternoon. There is also a scheduled trip between Pretoria and Hoedspruit a few times during the year.
- Scheduled Pretoria to Cape Town or return journey, 1 night on the train. Stop in Kimberley on the way down, stop in Matjiesfontein on the way up from Cape Town
- Scheduled Pretoria to Hoedspruit or return journey, day journey
- Maximum capacity of 82 passengers
- Suitable or couples, families including children and groups
- In between scheduled trips available for private charter
- 2 room categories, deluxe with shower, luxury with shower & bath, compartment chairs converted into beds during dinner service. Duke & Forsyth bathroom ameneties
- Rates: High Season from 01 Sep – 15 Nov, Deluxe R19 130 pp, Luxury R23 285 pp. Low Season from 1 Jan – 31 Aug as well as 16 Nov – 31 Dec, Deluxe R15 500, Luxury R18 710. Add 50% of rate for single supplement. 1 night’s accommodation on a bed & breakfast basis is available before or after your journey when booking through the Blue Train reservation office. Hotel options in Pretoria: Sheraton & Castello di Monti, Hotel options in Cape Town: Westin & Taj. Rates include all meals and unlimited drinks. French champagne excluded
- Dress, smart casual with smart dress during dinner. (Men with jacket & tie)
- Wifi on board, 100MG per person per day. Signal strength varies
- TV in room
- Aircon in room
- Windows in compartments and passages can not open
- Closed-in observation car (can also accommodate a conference for 22 pax), separate lounge car (1 x smoking, 1 x non-smoking)
- Dining car, 2 scheduled seating times for lunch and dinner. Passengers can request a specific time
Carla Rossouw was a guest of The Blue Train in July 2017, by invitation.
Contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions and bookings.