Kensington Place – A Sence Of Place
I was surprised to learn that Kensington Place has been going since 1997. It is a superb establishment in Higgovale, at the top of Kloof Road. The whole look and feel of Kensington Place oozes style and class and their take on customer service is a rare find.
Although I have visited Kensington Place before I only recently had the opportunity to stay overnight and thus experience more. Kensington Place is a gem, situated in tranquil surrounds with a great view of the city and Table Bay. On the other hand it is a five minute stroll from the hustle and bustle of Kloof Road (follow link to read more about Kloof Street: http://carlarossouw.com/another-kind-of-kloofing/ )
The owner, Chris Weir, previous owner of Inspirational Places, does all the marketing for Kensington Place directly with a variety of agents in the USA and Europe. On the operational side, Sasha heads up the team of 15 staff for a maximum of 16 guests. The staff, from manager to security personnel are all multi skilled and provides a 24/7 service to their discerning guests. They have gone through a major restructure and refurbishment in 2006 and currently offer the following:
- 8 spacious & tastefully decorated air-conditioned rooms
- Flat screen TV’s, DVD & music library with IPod docking station, complimentary Wi-Fi internet access, laptop & skype phone in every room
- Pleasing Molton Brown bathroom amenities
- 24 hour food and bar service in dining area and lounge with fireplace
- 24/7 security, off street secure parking
- Swimming pool
- Beautiful gardens
- Some French speaking staff
- Early morning breakfast trays to your room as many guests leave very early for the airport
- Complimentary off-site gym access
- Canapes & snacks for guests when required
Their international guests are mainly leisure guests including families. They also accommodate a fair amount of South African Business Travellers. Even though they do not have a dedicated conference room, they accommodate small conference groups in their lounge area. It is also possible to book Kensington Place on an exclusive use basis, although availability of the entire property often poses a problem with availability. Trust me, I have tried.
Rates (seasonal) are from R2 086 per room per night on a bed and breakfast basis.
Looking forward to advising on and finalising your next corporate or leisure booking. Contact me on email@example.com or +27 (0) 82 453 8223.