I have been a conference organiser in the MICE industry since 2004. My company is Vespasian Consulting. I am a member of SAACI (South African Association for the Conference Industry) as well as the PCO Alliance Network. I continuously conduct site inspections to new and existing venues, attend industry workshops as well as national and international travel & tourism trade fairs in order to stay up to date with the standard of the venues & trends within the industry at all times. I am based in Pretoria and provide services on a national and international basis.
Once an enquiry is made, my services are contracted on management fee basis. Where applicable some services can be rendered to the client at no additional cost since a commission / marketing fee from the venue / service provider to me as PCO is derived.
My services include:
- Conference reservations where client has already decided on the venue
- Alternatively sourcing suitable venues for client’s needs
- Arranging site inspections with the client to the different venues
- Facilitating & monitoring the conference organising process from making the provisional reservation, confirming the reservation, signing of contract by client, payment of monies due before deadline dates, etc.
- Negotiating reduced rates with the venue where possible
- Assisting with the details of the reservation were necessary (menus, rooming lists, programme, etc.)
- Assistance with sourcing and booking suitable service providers for: entertainment, speakers, team building, transport, audio visual, catering, gifts, graphic design, printing, etc.
- Sub-contracting experts for on-line registration, exhibitions, media services, event greening management, etc.
- Network & negotiate rates with airlines & travel agents for individual / group airline bookings
- Network & negotiate rates with service providers or packages on corporate incentive travel
- On-site co-ordination whilst conference is taking place
- Corporate incentive tour leading on a national and international basis
By providing this conference management services, the corporate contact person for the conference has time available to spend on internal details. Liaison is done on a hands-on basis with the client being updated continuously on any conference progress or changes on the reservation. All reservations are conducted on a professional basis, totally transparent and according to ethical and sound business principles. I provide a high level of service and build long term relationships with my clients.
Please note that I network with other PCO’s / colleagues in the industry to assist with bigger and more complex conferences and events and have administrative support attending to my e-mails and calls should I not have access when travelling internationally.