Cape Town in 2014
Category : Travel South Africa
As a South African, we are very happy to see that Cape Town are placed third on the Lonely Planet list of top cities to visit in 2014.
Cape Town is a beautiful destination with Table Mountain as a World Heritage Site, a wide variety of accommodation, many tourist attractions and on top of that gorgeous weather.
A few options that travellers could consider:
- Take the cable car up Table Mountain for memourable views
- Hop on Hop off bus
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- Visit a wine farm, there are many, maybe you can combine with a day tour to e.g. town of Stellenbosch or Franschhoek
- Cable car up Table mountain. Remember that this is weather permitting, thus do not leave till the last minute
- Robben Island excursion with boat trip to get there, also weather permitting
- Waterfront area quite a nice area for restaurants and shopping
- The promenade on the Atlantic seaboard, great area to take a walk, beautiful views
- Sun downers in Camps Bay
- Simons Town with military harbour, Boulders beach with penguins
- Drive along Chapmans Peak Drive, could be part of your hop on hop off tour, depending which route you take