The original cableway was constructed in 1973 and closed down in 2006. In 2010 a private owner bought the old cableway and started with repairs and development, not only to re-open the cable way but to boost the oveall tourism opportunities in this area.
Since opening in the beginning of July 2012, this has become a very popular day out for locals, South Africans from further afield as well as international tourists.
- Cableway open 7 days a week, 09:00 – 16:30, restaurant open for longer
- Carts take maximum of 6 passengers
- Return: R120 per adult, R60 for children under 14, buy discounted online through Webtickets and jump the queues
- VERY busy of weekends and operation is weather permitting
- Base station has a Bugatti’s Restaurant, Gift shop, Conference / function facilities
- At the top: Bugatti’s Express & the Pizza Shack as well as the Lookout Bar with splendid views and gift shop, picnic baskets can be ordered
- ‘DassieLoop’ walkway with points of interest
- Kidzone area
- Note: Not allowed to take own food and drinks
- More info: firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com 072 241 2654, 079 023 3012
- The facilities are top notch and rated as a HIGHLY RECOMMENDED day out
You are welcome to comment on this post (see underneath), sharing your own experience of this and other tourist attractions in South Africa.